Friday, January 23, 2015

Crescent Roll Cinnamon Rolls


Hey there, it's been a while!
I think all of us girls can agree that December and January FLEW by!
So... the blog got neglected.
But! I have quite a few recipes lined up to be shared!
Let's hope I get around to it ;)
I'm due to have my first baby in about 3 weeks so it's been a little crazy over here, but I'm living up eating what I want until our sweet pea arrives ;)
Then, the New Year's "goal" kicks in.
So until then, I'll probably be making these bad boys quite a few more times!
I went to Ikea the other day.
As I stood in line I smelled the cinnamon rolls and suddenly I was craving cinnamon rolls... go figure.
I mean, they're only a dollar.
So, I got one. And, was seriously unimpressed.
Such a let down.
That craving has stayed alive since then... therefore crescent roll cinnamon rolls that only take like 15 minutes!
Score.

Side note: My measurements are incredibly lame for this because it totally just kinda happened tonight. But, I think it'll be pretty hard to mess up so just go with it.

Ingredients:

  • 1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • A little less than half a stick melted butter
  • Brown Sugar
  • White granulated sugar
  • Ground cinnamon
  • Cream Cheese frosting (homemade or from a can. Whatever floats your boat)
Directions:

1) Pre-heat your oven to 375. Then roll out your dough. I put mine on parchment paper because it makes clean up SO much easier. Then I went over it with my rolling pin once. Make sure to close the holes from seams. It avoids a huge mess.


2) Spread your melted butter evenly on the dough. I used a rubber spatula and avoided getting too close to the edge.


3) Sprinkle a VERY generous amount of brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon on top of the butter. I may have been more generous than necessary but I sure didn't want a lame Ikea cinnamon roll...


4) Roll up your dough starting at the top. Unless you want like 4 superrrrrr fat cinnamon rolls. Cut them up about an inch thick.Then put them in a cupcake tin sprayed with nonstick spray.


5) Bake them for about 10 minutes and they're done! Pretty simple for such a yummy treat!


6) Of course, you can't forget the icing. I had a can of store bought cream cheese frosting that wasn't going to be used any time soon. I don't like store bought frosting... but I actually didn't mind it on these! Next time, I'll still probably make my own though. I microwaved two spoonfuls for about 10 seconds then drizzled it over each roll. So, SO yum!


Now go ahead and make your own!
It's worth it, I promise! :)

All my love,
Aleigh Joy 

No comments:

Post a Comment