I LOVE these!
I'm sure they are wonderful for the grill...
But they are so perfect for a crockpot meal.
There are so many different flavor options and they are on sale so often!
Switch up the meats and veggies you put in and the possibilities are endless.
I've done smoky applewood with shredded pork, Brown Sugar Bourbon with little steaks, Island wood fire grill with pork chops, Baja Citrus with chicken... seriously there are so many ways to use these handy things.
This time I'm going to show you what I did with the Zesty herb packet (my favorite one), russet potatoes, and green beans.
No matter which packet I use, I do the same thing, just with different veggies and meats to keep it interesting ;)
1) 1 packet of McCormick Grill Mates Seasoning
2) Your choice of meat (this time I did 5 frozen chicken tenders)
3) Veggies of your choice (I did the frozen green beans from costco and added potatoes as a starch because I LOVE potatoes in the crockpot!)
5) Vegetable, canola, or olive oil
1) Place your meat in first, then layer whatever veggies or starch you want on top.
2) Mix together seasoning packet, about 1/4 cup oil, then fill the rest to the 1 cup line with water
(make sure to mix it good, I also add a shake or two of salt and pepper)
3) Pour mixture evenly over the top of everything in crockpot
5) Cook on low for at least 4 hours. I like letting it go a little longer so the flavors really soak into everything. I stir it a few times periodically while it's cooking so nothing burns on the sides and it all has it's turn to soak in the seasoning. Yum!
And that's all! Serve it up and enjoy!
All my love,