Tuesday, November 18, 2014

DIY Vinyl Nativity Sign


I originally had plans to post a different Christmas craft today, then I saw that the vinyl I used is on sale on groopdealz today and couldn't help but post this one so all of you can make it at a cheaper price!
I LOVED this little project.
Hobby Lobby made it really simple for me and I love looking at it hanging in our home.
I have had a hard time finding a Nativity that doesn't look completely cheesy, and I no longer have any counter space so this helped a ton :)

Supplies:


  • Vinyl your choice of color Found here (buying white and attempting to paint it gold was difficult, I suggest just planning ahead and getting the right color the first time unlike me ha)
  • Wooden sign already assembled found at hobby lobby. Don't forget your coupon!
  • Spray paint (or keep it all natural looking)
  • Glitter (if you love glitter like me)
  • Mod Podge
  • Paint Pen in your choice of color
Directions:

1) First I spray painted my wood, if you want the wood natural looking then skip this step

2) In the meantime I painted my vinyl. Again, just buy the right color the first time. But if you change your mind, you can always paint over it.

3) Apply the Vinyl to the wood in the order you like. Simply place on the wood like a sticker. When you have the order you like use your paint pen to write out "O Holy Night" in the font of your choice. I then brushed one coat of mod podge over the vinyl so that it would stay on for good without bubbling or peeling. Let that dry.


4) I then applied the glitter on another really thin coat of mod podge and let that dry. 


5) Next I shook off all the glitter and used an old paintbrush with rough bristles to get rid of the excess glitter. And then, it's done! Easy! :)




All my love,
Aleigh Joy





No comments:

Post a Comment