I may not have our tree up, or any other Christmas decorations for that matter... but I still spent my entire day figuring out all the crafts I wanna do and listening to Christmas music!
Some may say it's too early, I say thank goodness Halloween is finally over!
All I've been able to think about is Christmas lately!
I organized all our ornaments today and decided, why not make some of my own?
I had leftover sheet music scrapbook paper from this project and decided a sheet music ornament would be the perfect addition to the rest of my ornaments!
Then I saw my gold glitter (one thing you'll learn about me, is that I absolutely LOVE glitter!) and then this ornament came to life!
I'm so happy with the way it turned out and cannot wait to put up our tree now!
- Sheet music scrapbook paper (you could easily use actual sheet music too but I had this on hand)
- Gold glitter
- I know I have mod podge pictured but after I took the picture I actually decided gold paint would be the better option.
- Twine and white ribbon (or any sort of ribbon you want)
- Plastic or glass craft ornaments (I'm known for dropping and breaking things so I went with plastic)
- paint brush
- Cut paper into thin strips (not spaghetti thin but the thinner the better) and paint the back side with one coat of paint. I painted them one at a time then sprinkled glitter over it right away so that the glitter would have something to stick to before it dried.
- Let dry, shake off excess glitter, cut in half, then twist them to make a spiral. Insert paper into the ornament.
- Place tops back on and tie the twine/ribbon leaving a hole big enough to hang on your tree.
- That's it! Just shake it a few times to evenly distribute the paper, hang it on your tree, and watch the glitter glisten among the lights :)
There you have it, the first craft of Christmas!
I started two others today that I will be posting as soon as they are finished :)
All my love,