Thursday, November 6, 2014

BBQ Bacon & Pineapple Pizza Recipe



For a long time I never cared to make my own pizza and would just throw a frozen one in the oven and be done, but ever since I've started making my own I haven't bought ONE frozen pizza since! It's so much tastier homemade. 
My pizza has evolved over the past several months. I got the idea from The Country Cook to do a BBQ bacon type of pizza, but I changed a lot of ingredients and wanted to at least make it a little bit more healthy and more tangy with the pineapple. 
This one here is by far the best I've ever made it! 
Jensen gets so excited when I make this. You can't go wrong when it's got bacon in it :-)


Ingredients:
1 tube of refrigerated pizza dough (or make you own dough!)
1/2-1 cup of BBQ sauce
1/2 pound of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2-2 cups spinach (Sorry, I don't really measure, I just know that I put a good amount on there!)
1 8oz. can of pineapple chunks 
garlic powder


Directions:
Preheat oven. If using the your refrigerated pizza dough, follow the directions on the back of the tube. I used the Pillsbury classic dough and I have a pizza stone so I preheated my oven to 425. 
Spray your pan or pizza stone with non-stick cooking spray. Spread out the dough and make sure it's all at an even thickness. Spread the BBQ sauce on. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, then the bacon, pineapple, bell peppers, spinach, then the last 1/2 cup of cheese in that order. Lightly dust the garlic powder all over. 
Bake according to the package (basically until the crust is golden brown and cheese is melted) My gas oven is lightning fast so I actually only bake it for about 9 minutes. Enjoy!!



Stay Classy,




No comments:

Post a Comment