Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Artichokes Over Angel Hair


Hunter and I both really LOVE this simple meal.
We like just about anything creamy.
It's another one of those, "hmm what do we have in the pantry? Sure, I'll just throw those together" recipes that ended in a total success!
It really is SO easy, and so quick to throw together in the morning before you head out for work.
I love my crockpot. I especially love coming home to dinner already made.
This last time I made it I paired it with some rosemary bread and butter under the broiler and salad.
Hunter had two HUGE servings.
Dude can eat.
And there was still some leftover for me to bring to work the next day :)
Win for both of us!


Ingredients:

5-6 frozen chicken tenders
1 (14.5oz) can garlic diced tomatoes
1 can artichoke hearts
1 cup sliced olives (more or less depending on how much you like olives. we love 'em over here)
2 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sour cream
2 handfuls angel hair pasta 
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning 

Directions:

1) Place frozen chicken at the bottom of your crockpot


2) Pour can of tomatoes and can of artichokes over chicken with all the liquid from the can. Add all seasonings over that.


3) Cover and cook on low heat for at least 5 hours. I'm gone most of the day, and Hunter is gone even longer so I usually let mine cook for about 7 and it doesn't burn. 

4) Take the lid off and shred the chicken using 2 forks. 


5) Add olives, cream cheese, and sour cream and stir it all up. At this point it is done and can be served but this is about the time I cook my pasta so I turn it to the "keep warm" option until the pasta is done.


6) Dish it up! Pasta on bottom, tons of artichoke chicken goodness on top of that, stir, and enjoy!



And that's that! 
I know the pictures make it look... interesting, but I promise it's good! And, a favorite over here.

All my love,
Aleigh Joy











No comments:

Post a Comment