Friday, June 19, 2015

Peanut Butter Mug Cake


Wanna know what I've been doing during Oaklyn's naps these past few days? Not dieting... Ha.
I've been testing out mug cake recipes!
The idea of mug cake was always so appealing to me. 
It's made in 5 minutes or less, a single serving, no oven, and WAY less mess to clean up! 
However, I was never able to find a mug cake that tasted good. 
They were all rubbery and bland. 
So, I set out to alter some that were close but just not quite great. 
The result: a mug cake I wish I didn't know about because I'll be eating it far too often because I LOVE it!
I love anything peanut butter... The only thing that would make it better is some chocolate but we didn't have any :(
Next time! 

Ingredients:
4 tbsp. all purpose flour
4 tbsp. white granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
A pinch of salt
A dash of cinnamon
1 egg
4 tbsp. peanut butter
3 tbsp. milk
3 tbsp. vegetable oil

Directions:
Whisk all ingredients together leaving out 1 tbsp. peanut butter. Keep whisking until very well combined and no lumps! Then take your last tbsp. of peanut butter and stick it in the middle. You'll be glad you did! :) microwave on high for 1 minute and 45 seconds. If you take it out and it doesn't seem done keep microwaving for 15 second intervals. DO NOT overcook it though. Then it's really yucky. Learned from experience! Also, I used a big measuring glass, if you're gonna use a regular sized mug split the recipe in half :) that's all! Super simple! :)

All my love, 
Aleigh Joy 

No comments:

Post a Comment