Monday, October 27, 2014

Pita Pockets: A Healthy Dinner For a Busy Schedule


Between football, my job, Hunt's school schedule, doctors appointments, and errands to run... things easily get pretty busy around here.
I like to spend time in the kitchen.
I always have.
But there are days that just feel longer than others and i wish something would just magically appear on our plates.
For those days, pita pockets are that magic something.
There's a million different variations of this meal.
You can switch up the meat, the sauces, and the veggies and still like what's going in your mouth... and your stomach.
I really like doing lemon chicken and then topping the whole thing with Greek dressing but that wasn't in our fridge so this time I'm sharing the simplest way to do this.

Ingredients:


  • Cooked and chopped chicken in whatever seasoning/dressing you fancy
  • Any chopped veggies you please (also cheese! cheddar is good but we had provolone on hand)
  • Pita Pockets (White or wheat. Both are good, my grocery store was out of wheat this time around so white was my pick)
  • Dressing to top it with
(Sorry, but I don't know how to do measurements for this one... just make how much your family will eat!)

Directions:

  1. Cook your Chicken in whatever dressing you want. I chose Italian because it was in our fridge and tangy sounded good.

2) Chop all the veggies you desire


3) Serve buffet style and let everyone decide what to put in their pita! We topped ours with a good amount of ranch and had pickles and rice as our sides... oh pregnancy cravings.



That's it!
This is also perfect for lunch the next day!

All my love,
Aleigh Joy






No comments:

Post a Comment