Monday, September 22, 2014

Tomato Tortellini Soup Recipe


Well, in southern California it doesn't feel like there are any seasons...but according to the calendar we've jumped right into fall! 

I just love soup and salad with some yummy bread. 
Isn't it such a warm and cozy combination??  
And then I REALLY love this dinner because it involves my two loves: pasta and bread. 
So there ya go. 
Having said that I don't think I need to make this dinner sound any more delicious :-)



Ingredients:

1 (14oz) can stewed tomatoes (after opening, cut them up into pieces)
4 (14.5oz) cans chicken broth
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
1/4 parmesan cheese
1 16oz. frozen package peas and carrots
1 12oz. package refridgerated tortellini 
(I get the huge 2 pack "Five Cheese Tortellini" at Costco and freeze them. When needed I cut them apart and use one entire package. You can definitely use less if you want!)
2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (optional)


Directions:

In a large pot, combine first six ingredients. Boil for 10 minutes on medium heat. Then add tortellini and chicken. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until tortellini is heated through. Right here I boil it for another 5 minutes. Makes about 3 quarts. (Yay for leftovers!!) Serve with a spinach salad and warm garlic bread. 



Stay Classy,




No comments:

Post a Comment