Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas



I'm back! 
Having a baby sure shook things up around here. But, I'm hopefully back to making dinner for my little family. Dinner that consists of something other than chicken, packaged rice, and steamed broccoli. 
Yeah we ate that pretty much everyday for a while. 
Luckily this little girl has grown up quite a bit and now let's me do something other than hold her all day long! Ha
So here's to my first recipe in a long time. 

I made these yesterday and I don't think I've seen Hunter so happy in a while ha. 
He walked in and saw enchiladas were for dinner and told me he was salivating just watching me make them. What a guy :)

I put my own little spin on my Moms recipe and they are husband approved. Actually a husband favorite! 

Ingredients:
5-6 cooked chicken tenders (chopped) or 3-4 breasts
Salt and pepper
6-7 tortillas
1 tin foil package enchilada seasoning 
28 oz can green enchilada sauce
1 4 oz can diced green chiles
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 cups shredded cheese
Nonstick spray

Directions:
Cook chicken in pan with salt and pepper. Chop it up and put in large mixing bowl. Add 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese, 1/2 can cream of chicken soup, 1/2 package enchilada seasoning, and green chiles. Mix it all up. Fill tortillas with 2  spoonfuls of the mixture. Roll them up and place in 9x13 pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Smother those enchiladas with green chile enchilada sauce (about 3/4 of can save the rest for next day leftovers) and add 1/2 cup cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes at 375. When there's about five minutes left, take off the foil and turn your oven to broil. Serve with Spanish rice and sour cream on top! Yummy! 

All my love, 
Aleigh Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment