Saturday, October 25, 2014

Easy Pumpkin Muffin Recipe


I'm so happy it's fall! I am all things pumpkin this time of year...or anytime of the year...
However, I am certainly not one that loves to spend a ton of time in the kitchen. I like things simple and quick! And this is definitely one of them. 

This is an adapted recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff. Can you tell that I love them?? 
Mine is different from their Chocolate Pumpkin muffin recipe though...
Because I do NOT like chocolate. 

Um, WHAT?!?! WHY?!
You're a GIRL and you DON'T like chocolate?! 
What does your husband get you for Valentine's Day?!
Flowers. He gets me flowers. 
And a nice evening out to dinner. That's all this girl needs! :-)

Now that I got that out of the way, let's move on. 
This recipe is super adaptable so do whatever you feel like! 
And these don't taste super pumpkin-y to me. 
They did for Jensen, but he's not a crazy pumpkin lover like me. 
I think they have the perfect balance of pumpkin taste without feeling like you're eating it out of the can. They're just moist and soft and full of flavor!


Easy Pumpkin Muffins:

1 box yellow or spice cake mix (or whatever cake flavor you want)
1/3 cup cinnamon applesauce
1 can 15oz. pumpkin puree
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp. cinnamon

Directions:

**DO NOT follow directions or use ingredients on the back of cake mix box**

Preheat oven to 350. Add the cake mix, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and spices to a large bowl. Stir until well blended. The batter will be pretty dense. 
Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Lightly spray the inside of each liner with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon batter into each liner until 3/4 full. The shape of the muffin will be a little irregular due to the density of the batter. This makes about 12-14 muffins. 
Bake for 18-22 minutes (might need to bake them longer depending on your oven. I did mine longer) or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. 


OPTIONAL: You can also make a really yummy and simple streusel topping! Which I'm totally doing next time. This one I found from Marty's Musings

Streusel Topping:
1/2 stick of margarine, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour

Mix all 3 ingredients in a separate bowl. After you have spooned the pumpkin batter into cupcake liners, sprinkle the streusel topping onto each muffin and press down slightly. Enjoy!!


Stay Classy,

No comments:

Post a Comment